Applying for the EIN Number was painless and didn’t take to long, it was just a long list of questions. Here are most of them.
- Number of Members
- State Filed in
- Are the members husband and wife?
- Under Revenue Procedure 2002-69, you have the option of treating the LLC as a
multi-member LLC or as a single-member LLC. Please choose one of the following: (We elect to be classified as a multi-member LLC., We elect to be classified as a single-member LLC.)
- The responsible party of the LLC can be either an individual OR an existing business. Please choose one: (Individual, Existing business)
- Takes information of Responsible Party
- Where is the LLC physically located?
- Legal name of LLC (must match articles of organization, if filed)*
- Trade name/Doing business as (only if different from legal name)
- County where LLC is located*
- State/Territory where LLC is located*
- State/Territory where articles of organization are (or will be) filed* State/Territory where articles are (or will be) filed
- LLC start date* LLC start date – month
- LLC start date – year
- Does your business own a highway motor vehicle with a taxable gross weight of 55,000 pounds or more?*
- Does your business involve gambling/wagering?*
- Does your business need to file Form 720 (Quarterly Federal Excise Tax Return)?
- Does your business sell or manufacture alcohol, tobacco, or firearms?*
- Do you have, or do you expect to have, any employees who will receive Forms W-2 in the next 12 months?* (Forms W-2 require additional filings with the IRS.)
- What does your business or organization do?
- Choose one category that best describes your business. Click the underlined links for additional examples for each category….
- (You have chosen Manufacturing.) Please specify the type of goods that you manufacture and the primary materials used (such as “wood furniture”): (Ale)
Not much thinking involved, just have to do it.